Skip to content
Are you the seasoned commercial visionary and entrepreneur that would love to lead a promising MMORGP project into funding, community growth and profits? Than perhaps this is the opportunity for you.
We are an early phase project, currently in the stage of acquiring financing. We are looking for a partner and (optionally) a board member in this large project. In exchange for shares you will be leading the effort of finding investors, growing the game community and managing sales, marketing and communication. With a small team of experts we aim to get this game project fully funded through the community, private and corporate shareholders and other sponsors. We all work on this on a time-for-share basis.
If we are successful in securing adequate funding you will be employed as our Marketing Director to lead all communication, sales and marketing efforts and manage our investor relations and other stakeholders. You will also be involved in the design of the monetization model of the game. You will share this responsibility with our board of directors (CEO, CTO, CFO).
For this position it is possible (but not required) to become a board member. This requires a (modest) buy-in equal to that of the other board members. Board members have A-shares which gives them voting rights in the company. This option is on the table because having a commercial vote in the boardroom is seen as beneficial.
Your time investment for the early phase consists of running a marketing campaign, developing a gamer community around the project and finding investors wherever we can find them. Our campaign is already running on social media and we have a community management team and a growing fan base.
Operating on a tight budget means you need a hands-on mentality. Getting things done matters most and we all pitch in where necessary. You will roll up your sleeves and do practical work at one moment and think about strategy the next. You’re also an out-of-the-box thinker, you’re a real entrepreneur with a creative mind. You often see possibilities where others see none and you love to listen, observe and learn something new every day.
When the funding of the project is at adequate level we will offer you a contract and expect you to work at the studio in the Netherlands (the Hague area) with the community and marketing team you will help to assemble and manage, which might also include volunteers and outside partners. You will often work with (web) developers, artists and the other directors.
A few qualities we look for:
- You have a deep understanding of the international video games market.
- You love the Rulers of the Sea project and its potential.
- You have plenty of digital sales and digital marketing experience, including the know-how to set up and analyse the campaign and advertisement data.
- You have experience with running and managing community campaigns.
- You have experience with creating ad campaigns, including having the creative vision.
- You have experience in finding and pitching to investors and corporate sponsors.
- You are an inspiring and representative salesperson and you enjoy public speaking.
- You are excellent at networking and relationship management.
- You are creative and entrepreneurial in your vision and ideas, you see operating with limited funds as a challenge.
- You are an optimist and a force, when people tell you something can’t be done you like to prove them wrong.
- You rather try and fail then not try at all.
- You are a good listener and observer.
- You are a talented and creative writer.
- You have excellent English language skills.
This project might not make it past crowd funding, costing you time without monetary reward. That is a risk you need to be aware of. This game might also be the gap in the market we think it is. In that case this is a multi-million euro project with considerable future revenues, making your shares very valuable. Part of the deal is that in case of successful funding we expect you to come on board and commit yourself to the project and management of the game for years to come.
Obviously you need to be as enthusiastic about the project as we are. If we think you might be a good fit we will share the game concept and the contract proposal with you. Part of the procedure will be to speak to all the partners.
If you are interested, please contact Peter Schreuder Jonkman through jobs@deadeye-
games.com. We look forward to your reply.